GIVF Covid-19 Guidelines
Genetics and IVF Institute is dedicated to following the best practices to keep our patients and staff safe. In the evolving landscape of the COVID-19 global pandemic, we are closely monitoring the recommendations set out by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the American Society for Reproductive Medicine (ASRM), and the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologist (ACOG) to ensure that we provide our patients with excellent medical care in the safest environment possible.
Effective March 11, 2022, the following guidelines are in place for our practice:
- Now accepting in-person consultations; however, we still offer virtual appointments and follow-up visits for the convenience of our patients.
- Blood work, ultrasound, and procedure appointments are being conducted in-person with safety precautions in place.
- Patients may be accompanied by a support person to in-office appointments and procedures, with the exception of patients undergoing procedures with sedation. While the patient is under sedation, the support person will be asked to wait in the car; we will call to let them know when the procedure is over. We also ask that the patient not bring a support person for morning monitoring appointments.
- Regardless of vaccination status, all patients, visitors, and staff are required to wear a surgical/medical-grade mask covering your mouth and nose while inside our clinic. Surgical face masks will be provided if needed. Cloth, vented, or gaiter-style masks should not be worn. Masks must be worn the entire time they are in the 3rd floor clinic.
- Social distancing continues to be encouraged and we ask that you minimize face-to-face interactions with administrative and financial staff by:
- Emailing all paperwork and copies of your ID/Insurance Cards ahead of your appointment, as needed
- Call (800) 552-4363 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions rather than stopping by the front desk
- Consider calling to pay your co-pay ahead of your appointment.
- If you are experiencing cold or flu-like symptoms, have a fever, or have recently been exposed to someone who has tested positive for COVID-19, please notify our front desk staff before entering our offices.
Thank you for your cooperation as we work together to keep you, our patients, and GIVF staff safe.